Hit List: Outdoor Retailer for the Modern Outdoors Woman
Ahhh, it seems like just yesterday we touched down into Salt Lake City to rejoin our friends at the 2016 Outdoor Retailer Summer Market. With only 48 hours at this year’s show, there was a lot of ground to cover and a lot gear to see, but what we found at the show was pure magic and we felt it as soon as we walked through the doors of the Convention Center.
From experimental silhouettes and materials to lightweight, technical products, we were blown away with how brands across the board catered to the #modernoutdoorswoman. While “the future is female,” there’s no better time than now for her to embark on solo adventures or wild camping excursions with her main crew.
1. The Topo Designs Women’s Coveralls literally stopped us in our tracks at OR. We’re suckers for the classic coverall features, including the lightweight fabrics, water repelling properties and relaxed tailored fit. Putting a twist on the ultimate functional piece of apparel, these coveralls are everything fun and feminine and the perfect piece for both outdoor and urban adventures.
2. If only we could count the number of times we’ve packed our bags full of farmer’s market finds and cold brews for an outdoor picnic only to realize we forgot the picnic blanket. Enter the Alite Designs Meadow Pack. Half backpack, half blanket, the Meadow Pack is the best of both worlds: wearing and chilling. Lightweight, durable and waterproof, this innovative pack has become one of our favorites.
3. The Teva Original Universal Rope Sandal is pure perfection. A few of our favorite things about them? Perhaps, it’s the iconic silhouette or maybe it’s the colorful climbing rope and premium materials? In any case, you’ll probably catch us wearing these every day come Spring 2017.
4. Enthusiasts who enjoy fusing outdoor sports and car camping are going to love the White Lightning Hard Shell by Tepui Tents. White Lightning is a two-person tent equipped with an integrated roof rack system, so you can easily bring your bike, kayak, SUP and other adventure toys on the road. Coupled with a raised, level sleeping area and high density foam mattress, Tepui delivers functionality without compromising comfort. With more rooftop tents on the road, at trailheads and campsites, the White Lightning Hard Shell is guaranteed to gain attention in the upcoming seasons.
5. Date night, anyone? After a hard day’s hike with your partner, nothing beats the cozy candlelight glow of a lantern at a campsite dinner table. Running on almost-empty fuel canisters, the Snow Peak Mini Flame Lantern combines low-tech lighting with high-tech design to create an ambience in the outdoors. Both aesthetically pleasing and efficient, we can’t wait to add this to our camp gear collection this season.
Images courtesy of Topo Designs, Alite Designs, Teva, Tepui Tents and Snow Peak.
Lisa Dougherty is a NY native who now calls the PNW home. She enjoys crowd surfing, art, long drives, content creation and writing for RANGE.